Careers with ClusterSeven
Find out about exciting careers at ClusterSeven, and what it’s like working at a market-leading tech company.
What’s in it for you
We know that our success depends on our people. So we invest in training and development, ensure career progression opportunities, and offer competitive salary and benefits.
You’ll thrive in our dynamic, flexible and collaborative working environment. There are plenty of social opportunities to enjoy — along with nice little extras, like a chill-out and games room, and a cycle-to-work scheme.
What’s it like working at ClusterSeven?
We asked some of the people working at ClusterSeven to share their experience.
Melanie, Marketing Manager
“ClusterSeven is a proactive company so there is always something new to learn or experience. With exciting new technology developments happening it’s a really exciting time to be with the company.”
- I joined the company in January 2017 in the marketing department having been at my previous company for 7 years.
- As a small team you get involved in many varied projects and across many geographies.
- Responsibility and ownership has come quickly as we have a very busy schedule to deliver against.
Best thing about my colleagues? Whilst everyone works hard there is always someone that wants to catch up for a coffee or lunch and more often than not drinks on a Thursday evening. It’s a super friendly environment.
My workday fuel? Definitely coffee! With fancy milk always, almond or my new favourite coconut milk. I also enjoy any kind of snacks I can find in the kitchen – there is always someone bringing food in so plenty of options!
Andy, Software Development Engineer
“ClusterSeven is small enough that you know everyone’s name, but large enough that there’s scope to move around and develop career. There’s all sorts of tech to work with, interesting problems to solve, and a nice amount of engineering interaction with clients.”
- I came straight from university into QA as a software developer in test
- After a couple of years, I asked to work as a standard developer so that I could see things I did being used by people outside the QA team
- Over time I became the lead on one ClusterSeven product, while working as part of the team on another product
Best thing about my colleagues? They’re a bright and friendly bunch, which creates a stimulating yet relaxed atmosphere. Of all the companies where I had interviews, ClusterSeven is where I felt most at ease — and that’s all down to the people.
My workday fuel? Morning chocolate bar, big lunch, one double espresso (no sugar), plenty of water.
Vivienne, Sales Executive
“ClusterSeven provides a solution that many organizations don’t realize they need until they see it in action. As soon as they recognize the value it delivers and the opportunities for business development and control, they’re ready to sing its praises.”
- I joined straight from university — I wanted a job that would relate to my degree and let me expand my knowledge
- I’m part of the team that works with ClusterSeven’s partners and looks for new partner opportunities
- I enjoy working in a team that wants to show the benefits of ClusterSeven and takes pride in the relationships we build with our clients and partners
Best thing about my colleagues? Everyone works hard but there’s a sociable vibe — we often have lunch together, and there’s always time for a quick chat and a laugh.
My workday fuel? Strong tea, no sugar, and just a teaspoon of milk (my colleagues argue it’s not really tea); a yoghurt or a biscuit mid-afternoon.
Kirk, Software Developer
“Joining ClusterSeven has given me the opportunity to work in an interesting market, using modern (even cutting-edge) development tools and collaborating with highly talented colleagues.”
- I started at ClusterSeven about a year ago, initially working on web development as part of a cloud project
- Since then, I’ve had the chance to learn a lot about ClusterSeven’s solutions and the markets where it operates, and to use a range of development tools
- My role has expanded over time to include back-end, front-end, security and more
Best thing about my colleagues? They’re an amazing bunch of people with diverse interests and backgrounds. Everyone’s ready to share their knowledge and expertise — it’s a very warm and inclusive working environment.
My workday fuel? Black coffee, apples, bakery treats, occasional (OK, frequent) sweets.